FORUMS

Sorry, the SKULLZ Forums arent available on small screen sizes.

• ah almost forgot nabs

Uh, nice picture of Shadnab!  grin
    • omg, aureus. you show that you really know nothing about tmw. good driving is half the battle there. of course deathmatchers dont understand that. for example when peppah picked up some object, and drives away, you can nearly forget to reach him again, he drives perfect.
      bohan is a hard terrain. but theres not only one way to drive between the parts, there are actually alot, you just have to know them, thats part of the competition.

the settings show, that deathmatchers chose them:

weapons: standart? come on are you scared of rpg´s? i think for a fair tournament all player should have the possibility to use all weapons, rockstar gave us - weapons all

respawn: 1 sec?    man, this is tmw, not simple tdm, where you only shoot at eachother. the balance between good driving and good shooting should be retained. of course you deathmatcher like it to have the chance for a fast kill, but it shouldnt be that easy - 5 sec

weather: overcast? we played this so much and have allready recognised, that clear weather causes the least lags. when you believe reflection or shaddow slows you PC, just lower your respective graphic setting
      - clear

host: in the first game one team sets host. in the secound the other team. as in soccer, where a team first time can play at home and then at the other teams stadion. that would be fair. if there are lags, noone should complain, thats part of the game, and thats one of the reasons we play 2 games.

please change that, or discuss, but after change it. we want a pure tmw-tournament!
      javascript:void(0);
      • btw, can you do a vote about the settings here? its kinda strange, when only one person (imperial) dictates the settings.
        there were many complains, but you didnt changed anything, thats sad. democracy is gone :/

everyone who participates at the tounament should be able to tell his favorite settings, after we take the average of that, that would be really fair.
        • "BUT this is just my point of view so if more players feel the same way like Kyb I will change these options."

I talked to some people now and they all said 5 sec respawn would be better.

You can discuss everything else still here, I might change other settings too.

I won't change the 1 match rule though. Those are the rules for the first round, so in the 2nd round and the final we maybe make more than one match.
          • Well I have to agree with most of the TMW guys (kybpuk, roland/Mari) said about possible changes on the rules. Just in addition on being or not host, to be honest I don't really feel so much advantage whether I'm host or not. Otherwise, of course I would always want to be host for having 0 ping over ALL other players.

As far as I know, GTA way of connection is close to peer to peer, so there is actually no real host. There's just one guy who sets up the game. If we really had a host, in case that guy leaves a game the game would be ended because the host left. Some can say "a new host is automatically elected" like happens in a lobby, but again it's all random and we would never know exactly how this works. I don't want to be long on my answer, so here's the highlights:

Respawn = good thing we have now 5 sec, as all TMW games are played with this setting and it's fair;

Host = as I said I don't mind being or not being, but a lot of players think there's a difference so again it's fair to play one game with hosts from each side, so again 2 games;

Weapons = many players have good use of RPG's (Peppah, IronFixxer, Javaneze for instance), and most TMW games are played on "Powerful" settings. That would be a good addition.

Weather = Overcast? Overcast = cloudy, rainy. It means we can have rain in the match. I guess in all my TMW games I played 2 or 3 games with this setting, why not "Clear", a game standard for everyone? We never see this setting around!

Ael you're a good friend and your idea of tournament is really great. We never had something like this before. But not having KgB in the tournament also would not be interesting, as many of the good players play for KgB and HH. We're really losing a lot here. That does not mean we have to change everything they say, but being flexible and listening to the TMW majority instead of TDM players.

Again, Bohan CAN be decided on luck too, I've seen it many times. 2 noobs can beat a better duo sometimes, or start on a 2k task. That wouldn't mean they are better than the other ones. 2 matches (even for 7500) and the host thing wouldn't give any margin for losers to say things like "I lost because I was not host and they are laggers", "I lost because they are luckers" and the classic "Settings sux".

Note that this message reflects my opinion, but of course that doesn't mean it has to be this way. Democracy rulez! tongue Why not a voting?

See ya!

Leo
            • It is not important for me to have Kybpuk at the tournament. If he can't play matches with settings that the didn't play in 2000 matches then I can't help him.

I still don't agree on the 2 matches. Imo the host doesn't matter and if he have 2 matches and both teams win one of it? So both teams have around 10.000$ because that's the game duration. And then it matters how much money you made in the match you lost...So if you had bad luck there you still will lose in the end probably.

I guess I will change the rules for the semi final and the final to 3 matches. But for the first round I won't change it. As I said if both enemies agree you can play 2 matches but officially it's only 1 match.

I will start a vote for the weapons choice now so we will see who wants standard, all or powerful.
              • Hi, just throwing in my 2 cents  smiley

About settings & rules:

Respawn: 5 seconds, makes a fair balance for good shooters vs good drivers, as 1 sec gives good aimers an advantage. I see you already agree to this, so it's not an issue  grin

Host: As Leo said, I don't think it really matters much, but i don't know how the system works. Anyway, i don't care smiley

Weapons: You put up voting poll, so no problems here. Fair for all.

Weather: I would prefer clear, but don't mind overcast. The lag it may or may not cause will be minimal anyway.

# of matches: 1 match in the first round is ok with me. With 2 matches we would have to add up the amount of $ from both matches, the one with the most in total proceed to next round. Don't know if this will make it more fair, as luck/unluck from the previous match will then count on the secong match anyway. To make it really fair we would need 3 matches, and the winner would need 2 or more wins. So for me, either 1 or 3 matches, but 3 would of course take a lot longer time. But if everyone can choose either 1 or 2 matches, as long as both teams agree, i don't see this as an issue either  cool

All in all i don't have any problems about the settings now that some changes has been made. Perfect  smiley
                This is for fun after all, so no need to be overbitchin' about the rules tongue Good luck y'all.
                • i cant follow your argumentation, imperial. where is the problem with doing 2 matches? it would be much more fair. when you had bad luck in the first game, it would be still possible for you to turn the tide to your favours, and the host problem would be figured out too.
                  with 2 games duration would be at all 20000$, long enough, so that both sides will have luck sometimes. luck is part of this game, and the longer this game goes, the smaller is the influence of luck.

much better would it even be, when each team can not only host, but choose the settings too, but i know that is stretching it to far for you now. Nevertheless the first point is be very important.

what you call vote is a bit strange, cause everyone in this forum can use it. you must only ask all players of the tournament.
                  • Hey Ael!

(Ael)
                    It is not important for me to have Kybpuk at the tournament. If he can't play matches with settings that the didn't play in 2000 matches then I can't help him.

lol hey hey I didn't say Kybpuk, but KgB! If they all decide not to join the tournament we're really missing a lot.

I will start a vote for the weapons choice now so we will see who wants standard, all or powerful.

Why can't we just set voting polls for all the "polemic" aspects that many players are claiming about (hosts, 2 matches and any other issues)?

(Roland)
                    when you had bad luck in the first game, it would be still possible for you to turn the tide to your favours, and the host problem would be figured out too. with 2 games duration would be at all 20000$, long enough, so that both sides will have luck sometimes. luck is part of this game, and the longer this game goes, the smaller is the influence of luck.

Exactly! Ael, please, please, please?? laugh (EDIT) - just realized that reticule mode is off on the proposed settings, it's not a good idea too sad

• It is not important for me to have Kybpuk at the tournament. If he can't play matches with settings that the didn't play in 2000 matches then I can't help him.
                      then why have i play setting u play all your 20000 deathmatch games or what mode u like?. U want to win tourny, i want too.
                      Rename the tournament to Team Deathmatch journy. I see u deleted our team, but i still can vote for wepones. Good idia, nice organization. Why noone asks why reticule is off? - it's good to don't turn off godemode even when enemy shoots u not from car? I shell trust u, u shell trust me.? ))
                      Have fun, scared bitches

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.