FORUMS

Sorry, the SKULLZ Forums arent available on small screen sizes.

Rendering

• gtamaniac1996 Reply #1, 9 years ago
    Can you send me your render settings as .ars file? shocked

Btw the extended V specs are grrreeaaatttt. And the director mode. No more trainers needed hurrrayyy \o/
    • Don't even know what an .arse file is. Just experiment m8. Nobody has perfect settings for anything. Do what you think looks best.

What I noticed on YT right now: If your video has 60fps and sb plays it with 30fps (on phone for example) then you often get artefacts flashes randomly in the videos. Don't think there is a way to fix that because it is a YT problem.

I think there are still uses for trainers and mods. Apparently the camera radius is limited again but at least bigger than in IV.
      • gtamaniac1996 Reply #3, 9 years ago
        Oh come on you mastered AE and don't know what .ars is? U sirius m8?

Anyway im documenting the vid render thread so thought of putting only useful stuff.

I know about the 60to30 fps issue Bagira addressed me about it on one of my vids.

I did some digging in the V PC 60fps trailer it's just usual x264 AVC with AAC in a mp4 container but it is flawless. 95mb at fHD constant 100,000 bitrate with 5 reference frames, baseline with progressive scan. It has lossy audio 109kbps at 48khz. But it is awefully smooth and I noticed its double NTSC 59.94fps and not 60fps exactly that some people suggest and what I have used till now.
        • There lies your mistake: To master Afx you must realize that Afx is shit for rendering. Even the Adobe Media Encoder is not ideal but at least it's comfortable because you can render directly out of Afx.

Where did you watch the trailer? Youtube usually is the reason for shitty video playback and stuttering. I guess it has a lot do with all the analyzing stuff that is running in the background and ads + annotations. That will probably be the reason why I will stick to 4k in the future instead of 60fps.

It's not only the 4k resolution, it's also the higher bitrate which simply creates an overall better looking video.

x264 is the best codec choice (I used it for DUSK) and that's exactly why Afx rendering is not ideal.

And 59.9 or 60 fps doesn't make a difference. It's a relic of TV standards like 29.97 and 30 fps.
          • gtamaniac1996 Reply #5, 9 years ago
            My pc net is fucked up for more than a month now I just downloaded the trailer and watched it on my ancient pc.
            Complete details of the trailer are here:
            http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/MDyZFaTa/file.html

Youtube is a real motherfucker, you give it anything and it can fuck it up well, lol.
            Youtube prioritise performance over quality anything below 1440p it encodes it again with shitty bitrate and fucks the colors, they look washed out.

Since 1080p is mainstream youtube have to take some measures to reduce space consumption, they don't have a ga-zillion bytes you know.
            I watched a random baby playing vid that was fHD although it was meaningless not even funny or sth.

So anything at or below 1080p gets shittier after uploading.
            If you upload anything at or above 1440p quality takes over performance and the vid looks better.

As of AE yeah it sucks at rendering but all the motion graphics and advanced editing done in AE had to be rendered there and thereafter re-render in Vegas or somewhere.

I remember well in this video I used twitch and rendered the twitch part in AE and the file size was a whopping 28gb!! Well I just selected best at 720p since it was my first time.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-__lhY-NyY

Well after that I edited it further in vegas with the non-twitch clips, added the song, applied RSMB plugin and rendered it as a 3mbps quicktime video using HardCore's method and then the file was 2+ gb. I don't remember exactly but it was below 2.5gb I think, I lost it (HDD FAILURE)

Then for the last time I rendered it again with with x264 codec and the final file size was around 159mb with 5-8% visual quality loss.

The before and after grading thing looks nice smiley
            You use stock color corrector or magicbullets or sth?

Btw the 'IN CONCLUSION' colony jumping scene. You rotoscoped it the hard way or.....?
            • It's annoying to render lossless out of Afx cuz you can't even play the result and you gotta re-render again but I always do it like that now, so I can store the lossless copy.

Stock Afx effects.

Greenscreen.
              • gtamaniac1996 Reply #7, 9 years ago
                And how did you implement greenscreen? I took a skateboard ramp turned its textures all green, spawned but it still has shades of black due to its object properties. Like under the car even when shadows are off you can see a very light shadow effect. I used keylight to remove green masking the unnecessary area but still outline isn't smooth but a bit jaggy. I didn't had FXAA in the at that moment tho.
                • I saw a guy on YT who turned the whole city green xD

What's the biggest smooth object in the game? The sky. So, turn the sky green and delete the textures that u dont want to see wink
                  • gtamaniac1996 Reply #9, 9 years ago
                    Okay now this might become annoying but how to delete objects? :3

Should I make textures transparent? Or sth else?
                    With SNT you can delete spawned objects only, if i'm not wrong.

I can configure the timecyc to make the sky green.
                    • Delete the textures. If u delete objects, the game won't start.