FORUMS

Sorry, the SKULLZ Forums arent available on small screen sizes.

• Almost 2 years ago I asked you guys for clips. I spent a lot of time collecting ideas for the movie(s) but never really found the time and motivation to start. Now it's time. ROLL EPIC MUSIC

Yesterday I found the perfect style and it gave me the motivation to really get things going. It's a close call but I'm aiming for a release before V is out.

I'm doing an experimental thing with the soundtrack and I hope it works out as expected but I can already tell you that the visuals are going to be better than anything I have done before.

I think GTA IV reached its visual limits with ice3 and 4k, so I'm actually glad that I waited and can call this project the last thing I will do in IV. The next step is V.

I keep you updated here with the current status of the project. I'm done with recording the frags and I will finish setting up the clips with sound today. Tomorrow I will start with cutting.

Then it's a matter of filling the holes with cutscenes, adding motion graphics and finally finishing the sound design.

Wish me luck.
    • Can't wait  wink IT BETTER BE GOOD FROM PIXELS!!!!  cool
      • U are making your own track? Like in velo frag movie? Fuck cant wait smiley

• Ye, I want to do the music myself again but this time more based around guitar sounds. I gotta make like 10min of music in a week though, so not sure if I can stick to this plan :/ I use Bitwig right now but you can't import videos as previews, so not sure if I stick to it.

I filtered the clips early on and deleted most of them. Now, I picked out the best of the best again and deleted 3-4 clips, so I don't have many clips to share unfortunately.
          • Still cutting dat biatch. Might be roughly finished with cutting by friday, then doing the music next week.

A little taste:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150108/ezu8o8ji.png
            • So guitar eh? Like BenBuja smiley I presumed dubstep, electro, dnb or sth :/
              • Not like BenBuja at all x) not sure yet what I will come up with but there are electronic elements, too. Prbly a mix between DnB, Neurofunk and Metal.

I need the pressure of a deadline, so I can work faster and don't try to perfect every single detail. So, I want to finish it before V.

Ye, it's the guitar in the pic.

I knew that I didn't need the rest of the clips anymore, so I saved some hdd space x)

I'm always up to help people, so just ask. Also, wouldn't mind answering on a thread here on the forum, so everybody can read about it and maybe learn sth.
                • First lesson in video editing:

You gotta have Post-its.

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150108/pg8xa2vx.jpg
                  • What is your approach to quality and smoothness? The good ol' 30fps or the new 60fps trend that everyones been trying.
                    Although 30fps looks more smoother now.
                    Here is my vid tell about its smoothness I wann have a second opinion
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev81hpAiFMo
                    • Most of the techniques can be done in any video editing software. I guess many players would like to improve their quality but don't know exactly where to start.

I won't talk about details on the movie. Wait for it x)

Your quality in the video is great, good job! You got the typical camera jitters, though. Try to think of a real life camera and imagine what's physically possible and how it moves. Especially the abrupt stops in movement are destroying the flow of some scenes.

Your smoothness is almost perfect but there are some small jumps. It's hard to get it right, I have the same problem sometimes.

A keyboard warrior can't put pressure on me but at least you tried.