FORUMS

Sorry, the SKULLZ Forums arent available on small screen sizes.

Max Payne 3

• [flash=600,380]http://www.youtube.com/v/udF6lgzme-Q?version=3&hl=de_DE&amp[/flash]

yay i managed to post this vid correctly  grin

anyway , i read that this game did take2 cost more money then gta iv and red dead redemtion + it runs on rage engine ( the one from gta iv )
    • The 1st Max Payne was EPIC (I still have it in his original package).
      The 2nd one was good but nothing more.

I don't know what to expect from this 3rd episode.
      • Judging from the trailer, it looks like Rockstar finally implemented some proper depth of field (which also looked quite good in LA Noire). If they fixed popping textures as well, we might see GTA V in perfect shape for movie making.

SP is gonna be awesome of course and if they got a freemode I'm satisfied with the MP as well^.^

Max Payne looks like a macho GTA btw, never played it though.

I rather wait 3 years for the next GTA than playing similar, mediocre games. That way I'm more excited when the new GTA comes x)
        • I rather wait 3 years for the next GTA than playing similar, mediocre games. That way I'm more excited when the new GTA comes x)

its not like a gta , its different , gameplay is different , atmosphere is different and there is no sandbox gameplay , only the movements and body physic could be similar to gta cuz of rage engine but idk
          • Same engine, same character design style, same animations, same graphics. They don't make games from scratch anymore, they just build on top of previous games, so GTA V will look a lot like a mix between Max Payne, LA Noire and similar games. Graphic-wise at least.

• only the movements and body physic could be similar to gta cuz of rage engine but idk

The animation engine is Euphoria, not RAGE. tongue

• Same engine, same character design style, same animations, same graphics

nope , just check how many games have the unreal 3 engine and they look and play different , for example unreal tournament 3 and batman arkham asylum , totally different but same engine.
                • The engine doesn't have much to do with the look of the game at all, you could think of it as what a program like After Effects is for video editing. You need it to start but the outcome depends on what you create with it. The engine is just the foundation of a game. Game companies usually don't write new engines, they just build on existing engines. For example you can create whatever character animation depending on what's possible with the engine.

What I say is that Rockstar don't create new animations, textures, etc from scratch, they will use them in all of their games, so there will be a lot of similarities and the overall look of Max Payne will be very close to GTA V.

Compare Max Payne and L.A. Noire, they are also very similar. Of course the setting is completely different but the if you look at the details, they are very similar. (Depth of field, character movement, lighting, facial expressions)
                  • I just noticed 1 thing in the trailer that the cut scenes are pretty much similar to the GTA IV. eh? and i agree with Alex on that engine thingy..

( JUST HOPE ROCKSTAR KEEP THAT SKULL BANDANA laugh:D:D:D IN GTA V )
                    • You know what?
                      I don't give a fuck about engine and stuff; Max Payne had a great story and gameplay and THESE are the most important things.
                      Max Payne 2 showed us something good, like playing one chapter of the story from 2 different points of view (Max and Mona).

I wonder why Max is so similar to Bruce Willis in this episode. smiley